Hyderabad the capital of Telangana has everything a tourist wishes historical sites, attractive markets, delightful cuisine and its rich delicate culture.
Tourist Attractions in Hyderabad-
- Museums- Salar Jung Museum, Nizam Palace, Sudha Cars Museum.
- Historical sites- Charminar, Chowmala Palace, Mecca masjid, Golkonda Fort
- Hussain Sagar lake, Lumbini park, NTR Gardens
- Ramoji Film City
Shopping in Hyderabad –
- Laad Bazaar- near Charminar for souvenirs and Bangles
- Pearl stores all over city.
How to Reach Hyderabad-
- Hyderabad has its own International Airport. (30kms to city centre- 40mins approx.)
- Hyderabad is well connected by Road & Railways with major cities in India.
Best Time to Visit Hyderabad-
- November-February (Winter)
Wanderer’s Eye Tips-
- Nizam Palace Museum is a must visit and take a guide available outside museum, helps you to get idea of how was the Life of Nizam and they have few funny stories.
- You can totally avoid Nehru Zoo which usually drivers or paid tours take you on.
- Do not buy pearls without authentication certificate.
- Try Karachi Bakery Products.
- Biryani from Paradise is a must.
Climate of Hyderabad-
- Summers extend from March to Mid-June and temperature ranges from 21℃ to 40℃
- Monsoon extends from Mid-June to September having heavy showers. (avg raingall-136mm)
- Winters (November-February) are pleasantly cold with temperature ranging from 15℃ to 30℃.
History of Hyderabad-
- Archeologists state that Ashoka the Great is said to have ruled Hyderabad in 500 century BCE.
- After a long change of rulers, it came under Delhi Sultanate which was then conquered by Muhammad Bin Tughluq and then fell in the hands of Qutub Shahi from where the name Hyderabad comes, Haider the son of Qutub Shah.
- Finally, Nizam took over Hyderabad and wanted to be independent kingdom even after the end of British rule. Few years later it submerged with India.
Culture of Hyderabad-
- People- Hyderabad is fourth most populated city in India. A majority of population is Hindu followed by Muslims, Christians, Sikhs and many more. All of them live in harmony, welcoming the tourists with a smile.
- Languages- Telugu and Urdu are official languages of Hyderabad. But most of them speak Deccani Urdu which seems to be a dialect of Hindi.
- Food- Hyderabad has its own Deccani cuisine. The food for both Veg and Non-Veg lover is delicious. Mostly a bit extra spicy with a tinge of tamarind in almost everything.
- Festivals- Ganapati and Eid are celebrated by masses and generally are flocked with people. Huge Ganapati Visarjan in Hussain Sagar is a must watch event.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.